My personal and professional life

2006-11-27

18-th in linuxpackages.net

Today I noticed, that I had took 18-th place in the Top Contributors list of linuxpackages.net - 48 packages. This, to some extent makes me happy, because the work on the creation of the packages is not easy, and is expensive. Although the created by me packages are build with scripts, the lack of generalized system for building of packages is still a minus for Slackware.
Unfortunately I still don't have the possibility to run my own site for Slackware packages, because I have no time remaining to complete the advanced search. My repositories currently contain around 130 packages of about 60 different software distributions, and this indices along with the space taken grow constantly.
This Saturday thanks to Vassil Kolev I managed to made mirror of the packages on marla.ludost.net. I hope this way they will be accessible even when I have problem with the Internet connection or the machine at home.

No comments: