My personal and professional life

2019-05-24

Translations of Bugzilla 5.0.5 and 5.0.6

A few days ago I accidentally noticed that there are new versions of Bugzilla namely 5.0.5 (from 2019-01-30) and 5.0.6 (from 2019-02-09), which apparently appeared silently in the beginning of the year. Silently, because at leas I haven't received any notification and apparently I haven't logged in the web interfaces of my installation quite a while to notice the notification on the main page. I would have to check with the developers abut the notifications by e-mail, because they may have figured out something new. You could download the last version from the official page, but I highly recommend you to upgrade with Git - it's lot more easier and faster, especially if you have additional extensions, skins and other changes (see Upgrade below).

About the translation

Anyway, today I managed to update the translation. The changes were not much, because these are pure maintenance releases without significant new functionalities, which to come with new templates. Everything is already pushed to the repository, which I want to reorganized and eventually migrate to Git, but I still do not find the time. Generally the project seems not to develop well in the past 2-3 years, so I do not know it worth it. I'm leaving it as a task eventually for the summar.

Upgrade

This morning, after I prepared the translations, I managed to upgrade my installation, which was absolutely flawless following the instructions for direct upgrade from Git. With 5.0.5 the table bugs_fulltext was converted from MyISAM to InnoDB, and with 5.0.6 the type of the columns type_id in the tables flaginclusions, flagexclusions and flags was changed from  smallint to mediumint (see Integer types), which show allow for many more flagtypes. I got delayed a little only because I had to cleanup some local changes and hide (with .gitignore) some files (logs, patches, archives with translations, and etc.). That reminded me to issue a pull request for one of my local changes - adding of viewport meta tag, which is important nowadays for support of mobile devices.

Download the translations

You could download the translations form the usual places by FTP or HTTPS or download directly  version 5.0.6 and upgrade the translation by just de-archive in the base directory.

Happy using! And of course happy Bulgarian Education and Culture and Slavonic Literature Day (a.k.a Saints Cyril and Methodius' Day)!

No comments: