My personal and professional life

2018-02-25

My Linux virtual machines

I'm a Linux user since 1999 and apart from using Slackware Linux the most, I'm using also other distributions from time to time in my work (e.g. RadHat Linux now Fedora, SuSE Linux now OpenSuSE Leap) and my personal projects and experiments (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS and others). In 2009 I've built my virtual server based on VMware ESXi hypervisor, with the main idea to be able to build Slackware packages for different releases and both x86 and x86_64 architectures. So I currently have:
And I updated all these (23+1) today :-)

I'm accessing these virtual machines by SSH and NoMachine (for desktops). Being a person of various interests I'm using Oracle Express Edition 11g R2, MySQL, MariaDB и PostgreSQL database systems, different applications like Oracle SQL Developer, MySQL Workbench, PgAdmin III, Meld, kdesvn, Calibre and many others on these virtual machines.

Here below some screenshots:

Debian 9.3 (Stretch) Desktop
Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark) Desktop
Fedora 27 Desktop
openSUSE Leap 42.3 Desktop
CentOS 7 Desktop

How many virtual machines are you running in your home environment?

    No comments: